Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New York and Boston

I feel so behind, but at the same time not a whole lot has happened since my last post, but I'll add to my travel log here.

In September, I went to New York City with some friends, Kainoa, Craig, and Dan. We had mentioned it a few times, but then finally just did it since Southwest was having a great deal on tickets. Dan's sister was nice enough to let us stay with her family in New Canaan, CT which is a cute, quaint little town and we got to have extra money for shopping! We did everything we possibly could fit into the 5 days we were there and got home exhausted each night. We saw the Statue of Liberty (from afar), the World Trade Center memorial, walked the Brooklyn Bridge to have pizza at Grimaldi's, hung in Time's Square, saw Newsies and Wicked, went to the observatory deck at the Rockefeller Center, walked through Central Park, went to the MET & Natural History museums, shopped (a lot), ate our hearts out, got lost (a lot) walking, subway-ing, and driving, and marveled at all the buildings and people everywhere. I think there's more, but my memory evades me. There were two restaurants I wish Utah was cool enough to have - Shake Shack and Westville - they were so good! (Blame Blogger for the odd picture layout, I can't fix it!)

Plenty of teasing happened the entire trip
From the Brooklyn Bridge
So happy to have finally made it

At the Museum of Natural History
After going to Church
Top of the Rock
View from the top
View from the top
Times Square



Fenway



We also spent a day in Boston. We drove up the coast, hung in Boston all day, and then drove back. It was a long day, but I loved it! We shopped, ate, walked part of the Freedom Trail along with our Trolley tour, made sure to get a cannoli at Mike's Pastry (the amaretto cannoli was amazing!), walked around Fenway as we got there too late for a tour, and then spent the evening getting burgers and touring Harvard campus with Craig's friend, Carly. I loved all the history mixed into the city; there was history around every corner.
Trolley tour and uncontrollable hair
Harvard Stadium

USS Constitution
Amazing Amaretto Cannoli



No comments: