Friday, November 16, 2007

Aren't you proud to be married?

First may I say, IF YOU ARE MARRIED, WEAR YOUR DARN RING! It's just not right, especially at BYU, to not wear your ring. It's just common courtesy, especially when everyone is constantly checking. Everyone does the quick check upon meeting anyone--the whole approach an attractive specimen of the other gender, take a quick glance at the left-hand, ring finger, if clear we go in for the kill, if not just keep walking (it's ok to feel that brief moment of jealousy that someone else found them first, but at least you know).

Why do I preface with the above comment? Oh, I just recently spent some time flirting back-and-forth (definite flirting) with a married boy. Now this isn't totally my fault--he doesn't wear a ring, why? because he "doesn't like rings". No excuse! He also failed to mention that he is married--odd; most BYU married boys have like this disclaimer they make sure to put out about every other conversation--"Well my wife, oh I'm married, my wife so-and-so" and so forth, but this boy felt no need to give the disclaimer. So we've been talking we have fun conversations, and I almost begin wondering why he is so slow in asking for my number; well as it turns out he's married, which I found out from some random 3rd party. Now my own disclaimer, I really don't think I'm that cool that every boy I talk to is going to ask for my number, but his flirty behavior was noticed by some of my friends and they were all wondering what was going to happen as well; it definitely looked like two single people flirting and starting to get to know each other a little bit. Well, that "little bit" is over, and I just think it's weird, I mean who does that? I'm now being called the "home wrecker" but it wasn't my fault, I don't do that. So the moral of this story is, wear your wedding ring and make life easier for you and those around you.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I wear my ring Kristen.