Monday, April 22, 2013

new. job.

so I got a new job, finally. of course it came when I wasn't really looking and had made a plan to work part time and pursue another degree. I had just started training at the part time job and not really loving it, but willing to work when I got a text from a friend that said, "send me your resume" followed by a phone call from the HR director requesting the same.

I sent my resume Monday, trained Monday and Tuesday at the part timer, had an interview Friday, got a job offer Monday, quit the part timer Tuesday and started Wednesday working for The Color Run http://thecolorrun.com/. it was a bit of a crazy week, but well worth it. luckily, the part timer was very understanding and willing to get my scheduled shifts covered since it's not like me to start and quit something within two weeks, but The Color Run offer was something I couldn't turn down.

I work on the International Team as the Project Coordinator and it keeps me busy, keeps me learning, and it's very rewarding to see the race spread across the world.

there are a lot of great and diverse people that work there and it's a very fun environment. I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone and new people keep coming and making it even a greater place.

if you get a chance to run The Color Run, you should. it's a 5k and you get covered in color followed by a giant festival/dance party.

andddddd.........if you want to run the Salt Lake race (August 24th), let me know. I can get you $10 off for anyone you want to enter.

No comments: