Sunday, March 13, 2011

not appreciated

the other night I joined my parents for dinner at Chili's. as we are standing in the not-so-well designed Chili's waiting area, in walks young family of mom, dad, and 2 rambunctious kids. out of no where, mom pulls out a freshly changed diaper and starts waving it around as if she's a flag girl on parade and asks the hostess to throw it away. really?!!!

mortified hostess declines and quickly directs her to the bathroom where things like that are generally disposed. mom takes one more wave through half the crowd, tells dad good luck with the kids, and finally takes off in the right direction.

I'm pretty sure my jaw was dropped in disgust followed by lady next to me exclaiming, "really, you're just going to wave that around in here?" it obviously wasn't appreciated as an accompaniment to our dining experience.

No comments: