Sunday, January 23, 2011

how to have someone else pay for your dinner

I was just reminded of this great feat of mine that I thought was worth mentioning

at a friend's farewell dinner we sat at a long table, two sided obviously, with a waitress for each side to better take care of our party of 25. as any large dinner party would go, I imagine the servers would get tired of the party by the end of the night and do anything to rush them out. in a hurried manner the waitress for my side came out to prepare our checks. she was quick while moving down the line asking, "together or separate?" my turn came. "together or separate?" pointing across the table at an unsuspecting matt wilson, "mine's on his" no hesitation. it was totally smooth. before he could even begin to protest, she was three people down and my meal was paid for.

i'm usually not that quick on my feet. I was quite proud of that moment.

No comments: