Friday, December 10, 2010

conversation of the day at work:

hurried gentleman: is mr. so & so in?
me: no, I haven't seen him today
hurried gentleman: I'm supposed to pick something up from him
me: he's not here and I don't believe any of his people are either -quick check down the hall to appease-
me: none of his people are here and they didn't leave anything with me for pick up
hurried gentleman: well I'm supposed to pick something up, and they're not going to be happy about this
me: do you know who told you it was available for pickup?
hurried gentleman: -huff, head shake, look at cell phone-there isn't anything for XYZ company or mr. this & that?
me: no they didn't leave anything with me
hurried gentleman: well do you know when mr. so & so will be in?
me: no I'm not his assistant
hurried gentleman: well is his assistant in?
me: no (thinking - that's what I meant by his people aren't in)
hurried gentleman: huff & walk away

maybe it's not as funny if you weren't there, but he just really didn't get it

1 comment:

Carly Kenney said...

i love people when they are like this. i just wonder sometimes why they don't understand the first time.