Sunday, August 15, 2010

personal trainer


I got a personal trainer. the day it happened I was just at the gym to do my usual non-yoga, or cycling day workout and hoping that I wouldn't run into anyone or have to talk to anyone. they found me early, warming up with a nice little jog on the treadmill. they came full force. three muscular guys, a little flirt action, the promise of looking like arnold schwarzenegger (except not, just looking better than ever), and a testimonial from another trainee.

at first, it was just for a one time, free workout so I figured, "what the heck, we'll see what they can offer?" in 20 minutes that kid worked me harder than I would have in an hour. I still wasn't convinced and didn't want to spend the money, and then they started talking. we talked about everything that wasn't related to personal training and out of no where the manager was driving me home to get my credit card and drivers license. soon enough I was signed up for 6 months of personal training with my first appointment 3 days later. was it completely unexpected? yes. was I a lot-a-bit excited about it? yes!

it's only been a few weeks, but I've really enjoyed my training sessions. my trainer is great and works me so much harder than I do myself and doesn't let me cheat(I tried one of my workouts on my own the other day and totally cheated. don't tell). I've learned not to tell him his counting is off because then the count magically goes from 17 to 12. it's been good motivation and hopefully in 6 months I'll be looking fabulous!

1 comment:

Personal Trainer Directory said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.