Friday, September 5, 2008

beautiful girl

Well this week was the first week of classes for me which generally entails several introductions. usually, it's just name and hometown but one professor got creative and wanted to know what our very first career choice was (like when you're 4 and want to be a treasure diver). Well, I started thinking really hard and all I could remember was thinking that I had the most beautiful voice and that when I grew up I would use that beautiful voice to be a singer, or use it as my talent in the Miss America competition. I also remembered that if I wanted to be a beauty queen I would obviously have to be beautiful. what more could a 4-year-old want than being absolutely ravishing? In my time crunch (when your last name starts with "B" you never have much time to think about your answers) I couldn't think of the words "princess" or "Miss America" so all I could muster was that I thought I wanted to be a singer, but mainly I wanted to be a beautiful girl. As soon as the words left my mouth I knew that I had made a pretty dumb comment and there was no return. I was now the girl that had no aspirations in life except being a beautiful girl. It may not sound too bad, but it was awkward; my professor had no words to respond except to wish me luck with the singing career. (Little does he know, I don't sing.)

1 comment:

Annie said...

I wanted to be a beautiful girl too.