Sunday, April 13, 2008

You can't make this stuff up

Well, last week I was at lunch when my friend showed me the police beat. I'm not a huge fan of the newspaper, much less BYU's "The Daily Universe" (it doesn't quite match up to the Nordstrom catalog or People) but I decided to read it anyway. And, I guess it was polite since my friend was showing it to me. Anyway, I started reading down the list, an arrest, random criminal mischief, domestic violence, and then I get to the harassment section.


First, there were a few inappropriate text messages that were being investigated, and second my personal favorite and reason why I am writing this post. . ."BYU math teaching assistants called BYU police to report a male student who had repeatedly threatened them. The student said he would pull out a female TA's hair with duct tape (strange) and would stab another TA's foot with a thumb drive to infect him with a deadly virus. BYU police are questioning the individual."


They were totally serious, you can't just make this stuff up boys and girls. This is real BYU crime at its best. A deadly virus from a thumb drive, I can't get over it; I wish I could express my hysterical laughter in type, but let's face it, that's hard. Maybe a little too much world of war craft, I don't know. Next time you're planning on using that threat just be careful, you might end up in the police beat.


No comments: